Garcinia cambogia is a small pumpkin shaped fruit that grows in Southeast Asia and India. The key active ingredient found in the crust of garcinia cambogia is hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which some research suggests may help some people lose weight.
At present, at least 14 separate products containing hydroxycitric acid are sold over-the-counter to consumers, bearing the common label "garcinia cambogia". Most people are attracted to the idea of buying Garcinia cambogia because of the potential it can provide for a near-tireless and fast weight loss without the need to change a person's diet or lifestyle.
Where does Garcinia Cambogia come from?
Garcinia cambogia itself is not a new product; in fact, it has been consumed in parts of Asia for many years, but not for the purpose of losing weight. Since Malabar Tamarind (traditionally also known as Malabar Tamarind) began to gain popularity in the United States and Europe several years ago - after being broadcast frequently in the media and popular TV shows health-related - sales have increased dramatically. More and more people are buying Garcinia Cambogia, often dubbed "miracle weight loss medicine".
Although there is evidence that buying Garcinia Cambogia may help with weight loss even if someone does not exercise often or change their diet significantly, there are also concerns that serious side effects that may occur, including liver damage or liver failure, anxiety, fatigue, dizziness, and digestive problems.
Remember that just because you buy Garcinia Cambogia from a natural fruit does not mean it's always safe. Finally, is Garcinia Cambogia worth trying to lose weight? What is the truth with this so-called weight loss supplement? Let's take a look at how Garcinia Cambogia works, in what situations it might be useful, and what side effects are possible when using it.
How does Garcinia Cambogia work when you buy it in a pharmacy?
The active ingredient in the Garcinia Cambogia fruit crust, hydroxycitric acid, stimulates fat burning and reduces appetite according to several studies. It seems to block an enzyme called citrate lyase, which your body uses to make fat. It also increases the brain's chemical serotonin levels, which can make you less hungry.
The actual results of weight loss are rather variable but impressive in many cases. A review published in the Journal of Obesity (USA) revealed that people who bought garcinia cambogia in pharmacy or online lost about 6kg more than people who did not take it, with the same diet and the same physical exercises.
In summary, here's how Garcinia Cambogia works on your body:
- First, it suppresses your appetite by increasing serotonin levels. Low levels of serotonin are linked to depression and anxiety, which cause many people to eat emotionally. Thus, as your serotonin levels increase, your mood improves and decreases the desire to go for food in emotional situations.
- Second, Garcinia Cambogia stops the process of making fat in your body by inhibiting a key enzyme called citrate lyase that your body needs to produce fats from carbohydrates. It can also help reduce LDL or "bad" cholesterol, as we explain in the next section.
Buying garcinia cambogia in traditional pharmacy or digitalis can facilitate the use of glucose by your body, the sugar that your cells need for their energy. Mice given garcinia cambogia in one study had lower insulin levels than mice that did not. This is another reason, besides weight loss, that people with diabetes are interested in. However, if you take garcinia cambogia with a medicine to control your blood glucose, your glucose may become dangerously low.
Some research has shown that garcinia cambogia can also improve cholesterol levels by lowering triglycerides and LDL (the "bad" cholesterol) and increasing HDL ("good" cholesterol). But you should not use it if you have already received a prescription to treat your cholesterol.
When you buy and take garcinia cambogia, you may experience the following side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach or diarrhea disorders
In 2009, the US Food and Drug Administration warned everyone to stop using a weight loss product that contained garcinia cambogia because some people who took it had serious liver problems. The product had other ingredients too, so it is not clear that garcinia cambogia was to blame. Although some research suggests that the supplement is safe for your liver, it is best to talk to your doctor if you are not sure before you buy Garcinia Cambogia.
- Asthma and Allergy Medications like Accolate and Singulair
- Medications for diabetes, including pills and insulin
- Iron, for anemia
- Medications for pain
- Prescriptions for psychiatric disorders
- Statins, drugs that lower cholesterol
- Warfarin, an anticoagulant
You should not buy Garcinia Cambogia in a classic pharmacy or online when you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney or liver problems. It is possible that manic symptoms appear as a side effect.
There are many online pharmacies offering to buy Garcinia Cambogia, often under their own brands of garcinia cambogia extract with similar names. The only problem is that most of the sellers who advertise their brands use poor quality Garcinia extracts and mix them with a lot of product. Naturally, consumers who use these pills do not get the advertised results and, as a result, lose confidence in the product itself.
The truth is that Garcinia Cambogia works. The internet is full of testimonials from real users testimonials from people who have lost a lot of weight using organic and natural garcinia cambogia.
To ensure you get the desired results, it is important to buy Garcinia Cambogia Bio, in pure form.
The results of the studies are satisfactory, but vary widely among individuals. You should talk with your doctor to help you decide if buying organic garcinia cambogia is a good idea.
In view of the huge popularity of garcinia cambogia, many companies have started selling their own brands on the market to make some money. The truth is that there are only a few brands that contain pure organic garcinia cambogia extract.
Most brands available today do not contain enough pure garcinia cambogia to be effective. It is important to buy only garcinia cambogia pure at least 60% to lose weight effectively. Garcinia extract with low concentration of hydroxycitric acid is not effective for weight loss and you will waste your money on these products.
Effective slimming product: comparative table
Alternative natural methods to lose weight
If you do not want to buy garcinia cambogia in traditional pharmacy or on the internet, here are some of our favorite tips for losing weight using natural and reliable methods that work:
- Sleep well! A lack of sleep (less than seven to nine hours a night for most people) can mean a lack of weight loss.
- Eat more fiber: Adults should aim for at least 25-30 grams per day from vegetables, fruits, old grains, sprouts and seeds.
- Use healthy fats: Coconut oil has natural effects on fat burning, just like GC, as well as many other benefits like improving gut health. Other healthy fats that can help you control your appetite include true olive oil, avocado, grass fed beef fats, nuts and seeds.
- Using Adaptogenic Herbs: Adaptogen herbs like maca, ginseng and rhodiola can help control health conditions that can make it difficult to lose weight (such as high amounts of stress, thyroid problems, intestinal leaks, fatigue adrenal, cellular toxicity and candida).
- Do not skimp on protein: Protein foods are satisfying and essential for muscle building. Regularly include proteins such as caged eggs and wild fish in your meals.
- Consume Probiotics: Probiotic foods and supplements not only help improve digestive balance, they also balance hormones, increase immunity, control appetite, and play a role in weight control.
- Change Your Exercise Routine: Try Burst Training Exercises and Other High Intensity Interval (HIIT) Workouts to Keep Energizing Your Muscle, Work with a Group, Add Weight Training and relax with yoga between workouts.
- Getting more feet during the day: Sitting for long periods of time is associated with being overweight and at a higher risk of obesity.
Take the stairs, do weight training at home. or try to wear a fitness tracker for motivation - try some of these exercise hacks.
- Plan your workouts in advance so it is much more likely that you will continue your workout.
- Use essential oils to lose weight: Natural oils, including grapefruit, cinnamon and ginger oil can help control your appetite, hormones and digestive symptoms.